It is our priority to provide parents with a multitude of opportunities to be both involved in volunteer type activities, but also to provide an avenue for parents to provide input into their child's education.
We enjoy and appreciate exceptional parent engagement on every level and encourage all parents to take an active role as partners in your children’s learning.
There are a number of ways that parents can become active and contributing members of our school community. As you can well imagine, the possibilities are endless. Please contact your child's teacher for more information.
- Assist with clubs & special school-wide events
- Participate in special evening events
- Provide support in the classroom
- Become a guest expert
- Join our School Council/Dovercourt Parent’s Association
- Assist in the school library
- Coordinate and assist with book fairs
- Volunteer for field trips
- Support the hot lunch program
- Various other tasks around the school - seasonal
Parents are also invited to join our parent council meetings the third Monday of each month as well as Parent and Principal Conversation time every 6 weeks. Check our calendar for those dates and times. Also, our door is always open for a visit.